Assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, on boilers utilizing radiant heat, radiators, snow
melt systems and heating water, according to specifications or plumbing codes. Boiler
installation will be the main focus of this job however a background in plumbing or HVAC
would be essential for full time work.
● Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws,
bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or press
● Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as boilers and/ or
water heaters, using hand or power tools.
● Keep records of work assignments.
● Fill pipes and boiler systems with water, glycol or air and observe pressure
● Direct helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of hydronic
systems or components.
● Maintain or repair boiler/hydronic systems as needed when not installing, or
during the installation process on a retrofit application.
● Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes,
or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
● Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power
tools or machines, such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or
● Review blueprints, piping designs, building codes, or specifications to
determine work details or procedures.
● Anchor steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
● Estimate time, material, or labor costs for use in project plans.
● Install underfloor hydronic systems.
● Inspect structures to assess material or equipment needs, to establish the
sequence of pipe installations, or to plan installation around obstructions, such
as electrical wiring.
● Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand
or power tools.
● Maintain truck inventory and maintain a clean and tidy work truck.
● Other duties as assigned
● Must be able to install in a timely profitable manner using provided resources.
● Must be available for scheduled on-call shifts when needed, after hours work
occasionally when needed.